To be a successful small business owner, you must be as innovative in creating
marketing strategies as you are in developing new product and service ideas.
Here are some low-cost, creative, and effective guerilla marketing tactics small
businesses have used to outperform their larger rivals:
- Always be on the lookout for new niches to enter. Try to develop multiple niches.
- Get speaking engagements with local organizations to speak about your business, product or service.
- Organize or sponsor a local service- or community oriented project – conduct a fund raiser.
- Give loyal customers an occasional free product or service – they will remember this for a long time.
- Find creative ways to thank your customers for their business (especially first time buyers);
- Create a “tip-sheet” for your customers;
- Create a frequent buyer program – work hard to keep the customers you have. Launch a loyalty program that gives customers a reason to return.
- Reward referral partners and existing customers for referring new customers to you.
- Sell gift certificates – this will boost your cash flow.
- Write an article that will interest your customers or potential customers.
- Publish a newsletter.
- Write a blog.
- Volunteer to serve on community boards and committees.
- Embrace social networking. Online technology allows you to engage with your customers and build trust. Trust builds buyers.
- Show an interest in your customers’ needs. If you see a seminar that would be of interest to them, tell them! Become a valuable resource to your customers.
If you got value from this post please share.
Let us help you take your business to the next level. Click here to sign up for a free consultation.